2017 Appointments/Changes of Status
Districts: (CN) Canal · (FL) Firelands · (MO) Mid-Ohio · (MV) Mahoning Valley · (NC) North Coast · (OV) Ohio Valley (SH) Southern Hills · (TR) Three Rivers · (TW) Tuscarawas · (WR) Western Reserve
Note: effective 7/1/2017 unless otherwise noted
Joyce Fast: Redeemer North Hill UMC, CN
James Lance: Martel UMC, MO
Michael Law: Fairview UMC (Wayne County), MO
Steve Sullivan: Loudonville/Lakeville UMC, TR
Hannah Tucker: Tiffin St. Paul and Melmore UMCs, FL
Amy Vittorio: Melmore UMC, FL
Madlynne Webber: Graysville UMC, SH
View the current appointment list
2017 Annual Conference – June 12-15
Cleaning Bucket Reminder
Cleaning buckets for the Midwest Mission Distribution Center will be collected again at Annual Conference. In May MMDC has sent out almost 4,000 Cleaning Buckets to Missouri and Illinois flood victims. They are running low on all cleaning bucket supplies. Midwest Mission list of supplies.
June 13- Camp Day at Annual Conference
The Board of Camps & Retreat Ministries has designated Tuesday of Annual Conference as Camp Day! Wear your favorite camp t–shirt, join in singing some camp songs as we gather for the afternoon session, and share your camp testimony with those around you! Also, there will be “Ask Me About Camp” t-shirts available for sale. All proceeds will be used for camperships.
2017 Clergy Directory
Photos will be taken during Annual Conference for the 2017 Clergy Directory. The directory headshots will be the official clergy photos for all EOC publications for the next four years – so please dress professionally.
No appointment is necessary. Clergy simply need to stop by Bradley Temple during one of the following sessions to have their picture taken:
- Mon., June 12, 11 am- 6 pm
- Tues., June 13, 9 am -6 pm
- Wed., June 14, 9 am-6 pm
- Thurs., June 15, 9 am-2 pm
NOTE: These are the only times that photos will be taken for the directory. Please e-mail Director of Communications Rick Wolcott with any questions.
Health & Welfare Institution
Copeland Oaks and Crandall Medical Center is excited to announce that we are now EAGLE Accredited. The EAGLE process was led by Copeland employees, Jackie Palmer, and Randi Roose, who say, “The experience was a positive and rewarding endeavor. This recognition has challenged the board of directors and employees to monitor and strive to improve the caring ministry of Copeland Oaks and Crandall Medical Center.”
EAGLE’s primary emphasis is on excellence in Christian ministry, with a focus on how applicant organizations incorporate their Christian mission, religious heritage and values throughout the organization and its daily operations. Other areas of emphasis include focusing on results and outcomes, striving to improve, meeting legal and regulatory requirements, and ensuring privacy, accuracy, accessibility and confidentiality of both client and staff data and information.
For more information about Copeland Oaks.
Pastoral Care and Counseling
May 30, 2017 Resources
In this edition we feature:
- Annual Conference Spiritual Formation Luncheon
- The Gift of Constraints
- Listening with Our Ears Not Our Mouth
- Pentecost: The Evolution of the Temple
- Love, Not Atonement
- Imagine Yourself Happy
- 5 ways to Organize Your Phone to Unhijack Your Mind
- Video: How Better Tech Could Protect us From Distraction
- Listings of our Spiritual Directors
If you have any questions or issues you would like for us to address, or would like to get email alerts when new resources have been posted, please contact Howard Humphress at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our quick contact form.
The Media Center recently acquired the following resources:
- Take the Flag; Following God’s Signals in the Race of Your Life demonstrates the parallel between the flags used in auto racing and the signals God sends us in our fast-paced lives.
- Moses: In the Footsteps of the Reluctant Prophet highlights that great hero of the Old Testament who led his people out of Egypt and was given the Ten Commandments—from his childhood in Pharaoh’s household to gazing out upon the Promised Land.
- Who Needs God – Many people believe religion is the cause of the world’s problems rather than a solution. In this 6-part DVD series, Andy Stanley addresses this tension and sets a foundation for faith that will stand up to the rigors of the real world.
- Killin’ It – Pride. It shuts us in and shuts God and others out. It keeps us from saying what needs to be said and hearing what needs to be heard.
Message in the Movies
Alien: Covenant “If you’ve seen the other Alien films, there are no big scares in store. More gore, to be sure, but this movie lacks the patience required to work up a real fright. All of the actors turn in good performances, including Michael Fassbender in a double role. The film looks great and moves along to recognizable beats. It’s Hollywood product at its best.”
- Administrative Assistant, North Coast District
- Keyboard Player, Rootstown UMC
- Director of Children’s Ministry, Church of the Saviour UM
- Music Leadership positions, North Canton Faith UMC
- Children’s Ministry Director, Orrville Trinity UMC
- Office Assistant and Communications Specialist, Mentor UMC
To submit job postings and items available please email email@example.com
Events – May 30 -June 26
Carnival of Fun, Wooster UMC
5K Run/Walk, McKinley Community Outreach Center
Craft Fair & Car Show, Manchester UMC
Pentecost Musical, Aldersgate UMC
Vacation Bible School, Roscoe UMC
Youth Annual Conference
Volunteers In Mission Team Training
Gospel Bluegrass Jam, Manchester UMC
Ice Cream Social and Concert, Independence UMC
Dates to remember
Please pray for the families of:
- Faye Shank, spouse of Donald R. Shank, retired elder, who died May 22, 2017 and
- Richard M. Wilson, retired local pastor, who died May 25, 2017
To subscribe please send your request to Lois Speelman. Information from this E-News may be copied and used in your local church.
The next scheduled edition of the E-News will be June 26, 2017. Deadline for submission is June 21.