2017 Appointments/Changes of Status
Note: effective 7/1/2017 unless otherwise noted
Christy Bowers : Coshocton Grace UMC, Assoc. Pastor, TR
Bill Buckeye: Hope UMC, NC
Ruth Douglas: Jelloway & North Liberty UMCs, TR/MO
Katie Osier: Greensburg UMC, CN
Jason Snyder: Utica UMC, TR
Don Kraps: retiring from First Uhrichsville/Good Shepherd UMCs, TW
Ricky Asberry: from City Hope UMC, TW, 3/1/17
Barbara Stauffer-Rich: retiring from honorable location
Charles Warren: retiring from Tyndal UMC, TR, 3/1/17
View the current appointment list
2017 Annual Conference – June 12-15
Visit the Annual Conference website to:
- Register for Annual Conference
- View this year’s schedule
- Read bios of the guest speakers, choir director, and organist
- Study the proposed constitutional amendments
**Additional Annual Conference information will be added as it is submitted.
March 19 Offering Supports Africa University
“The East Ohio Conference joins United Methodists from across the connection in celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Africa University, our United Methodist institution known as ‘the school of dreams,’” said Bishop Tracy S. Malone. “Our conference-wide offering will provide scholarships and other resources for Africa University students. They, and AU graduates, are making disciples of Christ and serving in key leadership roles in the church, government, the business sector, and civilian society throughout Africa.”
Download a bulletin insert (COLOR) (BW) to promote the March 19 offering in your church. Donations should be made payable to EOC Fund 9161 and mailed to PO Box 76019, Cleveland, OH 44101-4755.
Your financial gift will enable Africa University students to continue making a difference in the lives of others for years to come.
Are you interested in being a part of a medical UMVIM team to Liberia at the Ganta Mission Station? You could be an answer to prayer!
The staff at Ganta Mission Station is hoping that we bring with us a biomedical technician who can help to assess and repair broken medical equipment. Please spread the word to others about this need! We will travel end of July-early August 2017. The team is still forming with the next meeting April 2, in the Macedonia area. Contact email@example.com
UM Financial Credit Union
Free “Account Alerts”
Do you have too many things to remember? No time to sign into your account to check your balances? Account Alert is another great service we offer our members.
This service gives you the choice to receive a text message on your cell phone or a traditional email. The service is free and all you have to do to activate Account Alert is log into our home banking site using your personal sign on, then click on the tab ‘Alerts’ tab located on left side of on the menu bar. Select the type of alert you would like to create. Just follow the prompts. It’s easy! You can request notifications concerning your balances, when a check clears, loan payments, personal reminders and more. For further assistance – call us at 1-800-831-3972 Ext 6.
Pastoral Care and Counseling
March 6, 2017 Resources
In this edition we feature:
- Media Fatigue and Technological Stress
- Leadership and the Discipline of Silence
- Reclaiming the Power of Lament
- Centering Prayer
- How to Meditate
- Letting Life’s Struggles Be Kind to You
- Find Happiness by Embracing All of Your Emotions
- Listings of Spiritual Formation Groups and our Spiritual Directors
If you have any questions or issues you would like for us to address, or would like to get email alerts when new resources have been posted, please contact Howard Humphress at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our quick contact form.
The Media Center recently acquired the following resources:
- Becoming Heart Sisters; A Bible Study on Authentic Friendships earn how to develop and nurture the kind of enriching and satisfying friendships that build up the body of Christ and bring honor to God.
- PLACE: Assessment Tool for Finding Your PLACE in Life and Ministry will help you discover how God has uniquely designed you, as well as help you realize His purpose in your life. It gives you information needed to conduct a comprehensive analysis of your personality, spiritual gifts, abilities, passions and life experiences.
- PLACE: Under 20 Student Assessment Tool are designed for students 7th-12th grades. Each assessment contains: Personality, Spiritual Gift and Ability Assessments, plus exercises on Passions and Life Experiences.
- You Are Free; Be Who You Already Are explores why we all want to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, what we were made for. It’s a vulnerable, prophetic call for women to become who they’ve already been designed to be.
To reserve these or other resources, call the Media Center at (800) 831-3972 x 139 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. Browse the resource catalog at www.rqmweb.com/eocumc
Message in the Movies
Get Out “The violence and language of Get Out will likely offend viewers who haven’t been to the movies in a while, but it just may connect with its horror movie target audience – young adults and youth – and create a conversational starting point that could move things forward.
One could only hope for a world in which all people could coexist and thrive. Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner and Night of the Walking Dead are both 50 years old and we’re not there yet.”
- Pianist Accompanist, Lorain Lighthouse UMC
- Director of Communications, Texas Annual Conference
Details of the above classifieds/items wanted can be found here.
To submit job postings and items available please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Events – March 6-20
A Night of Worship, Ohio Valley District Youth
Jessica Vargo Open House, North Canton Faith UMC
Mission Auction, Manchester UMC
Youth Leaders Network Retreat
Reaching New People, Chardon UMC
Gospel Bluegrass Jam, Manchester UMC
From Membership To Discipleship, Kinsman UMC
Green SibShop, Greensburg UMC
Cabbage Roll Dinner, Uniontown UMC
ERT Basic Training Class, East Ohio Conference
Youth Rally, Roscoe UMC
Country Gospel Concert, LaPorte UMC
Follow this link to the events calendar.
To submit a calendar event.
Please pray for the family of Diane Metzger, surviving spouse of Rev. Keith Metzger, who died March 1, 2017.
To subscribe please send your request to Lois Speelman. Information from this E-News may be copied and used in your local church.
The next scheduled edition of the E-News will be March 20, 2017. Deadline to submit an article is March 15.