January 9, 2017
Human Relations Day , January 15, is one of six Special Sundays in The United Methodist Church. On the Sunday before the national observance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s birthday, our denomination recognizes the right of all God’s children in realizing their potential as human beings in relationship with one another.
Director of Financial and Administrative Services
The East Ohio Conference of The United Methodist Church seeks a Director of Financial and Administrative Services. Interested candidates should e-mail their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, January 31, 2017. Any questions about the open position should be directed to GCFA Chief Officer of Human Resources and Professional Development Caitlin Congdon, at (615) 369-2346. Read the full job description
Clergy Renewal Scholarship
Clergy seeking time away for quiet reflection, at Lakeside Chautauqua may apply for the Clergy Renewal Scholarship. The deadline is February 1.
3Cs Mission Project
Every mission site always cares for the whole person — body, mind and spirit — with a church, a medical clinic and a school. The 3Cs Mission Project — Churches, Clinics and Classrooms — has been partnering with UMC folks in Russia, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Zimbabwe.
You are invited to put your love in action and form relationships that will strengthen the fabric of your faith. How is your church being called into relationship building out in the mission field and how can we help to make God’s dreams a reality?
Speakers are available to be a part of your worship experience, mission meeting, compass group, UMW gathering or any ministry event to share the mission story. If you would like to learn more about how your congregation can connect with this ministry please contact Kathy Dickriede.
Pastoral Care and Counseling
January 9, 2017 Resources
In this edition we feature:
- Spiritual Practice for 2017
- Religious Thoughts Trigger Reward Systems Like Love, Drugs
- The Healing Power of Faith
- Truth is One
- Meditation for January Spiritual Formation Groups
- Reflective Meditation
- A Sabbath for You: Doing Less, Being More
- Six Winter Sleep Rituals
- Listings of Spiritual Formation Groups and our Spiritual Directors
If you have any questions or issues you would like for us to address, or would like to get email alerts when new resources have been posted, please contact Howard Humphress at email@example.com or use our quick contact form.
The Media Center recently acquired the following resources:
- One; One Hope. One Truth. One Way features powerful scenes and exclusive footage from the movie Woodlawn to discover the answer…it only takes one person to start a revolution. What if that person is you?
- Driven by Eternity blends allegory with Scripture to show how the choices we make today have an eternal impact.
- Beautiful Already; Reclaiming God’s Perspective on Beauty explores God’s truth about beauty and discover what Scripture has to say about it. Move away from unrealistic expectations and become comfortable in your own skin – the one God gave you.
- Creed; What Christians Believe and Why considers important questions of life, reality, and truth. Adam Hamilton explores not only what Christians believe, but also why they believe it and why it matters.
- Confirm; Your Faith. Your Commitment. God’s Call reclaims confirmation as the first step on a journey that leads to a mature, adult faith. It is the beginning of a conversation about what it means to be a Christian, living out your faith, your commitment, and God’s call.
Message in the Movies
Collateral Beauty “I personally think that this film was just a couple of rewrites short of being something really special. You will certainly want to talk about Collateral Beauty after you see it. Whether you talk about its wisdom or its foolishness is up to you…” For full review.
- Director of Administrative and Financial Services, East Ohio Conference
- Nursery Worker, LeRoy UMC
- Administrative Assistant, LeRoy UMC
- Office Assistant, Ravenna UMC
- Director of Music & Organist, Columbiana First UMC
To submit job postings and items available please email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Events – January 9-23
Dates to Remember
Please pray for the family of Rev. Orlando Chaffee, pastor of Mount Pleasant United Methodist Church, who died December 18, 2016.
To subscribe please send your request to Lois Speelman. Information from this E-News may be copied and used in your local church.
The next scheduled edition of the E-News will be January 23, 2017. Deadline to submit an article is January 18.