During March, the General Commission on the Status and Role of Women (GCSRW) is celebrating Women’s History Month 2023 by publishing an eight-article blog series highlighting the newly elected women bishops of The United Methodist Church:
- Bishop Delores “Dee” Williamston, resident bishop of the Louisiana Conference
- Bishop Dottie Escobedo-Frank, resident bishop of the California-Pacific Conference
- Bishop Kennetha Bigham-Tsai, resident bishop of the Iowa Conference
- Bishop Robin Dease, resident bishop of the North Georgia Conference.
- Bishop Laura Merrill, resident bishop of the Arkansas Conference
- Bishop Connie Shelton, resident bishop of the Raleigh Episcopal Area
- Bishop Lanette L. Plambeck, resident bishop of the Dakotas-Minnesota Episcopal Area
- Bishop Ruby-Nell M. Estrella, resident bishop of the Manila Episcopal Area
The blog series follows the national theme “Celebrating Women Who Tell Our Stories” and is written by GCSRW Board Member the Rev. Emily Nelms Chastain, a PhD student at Boston University.
Read the blog “Celebrating Women Who Tell Our Stories”.
Follow on social media using #GCSRW.